When it comes to mental health and well-being, simple, easy actions can have a quick, positive impact. Here are a few things you can do to improve emotional health and mood in the moment.
- Listen to music. It’s been shown to reduce stress, improve mood, and help with depression. Learn more about the power of your playlist.
- Dance it out. Dancing is a fun way to loosen up, get a bit of exercise, and improve mood and self-esteem.
- Get outside. The benefits of sunlight, fresh air, and nature are essential for mental and physical health and can quickly improve emotions.
- Take a break. Sometimes, simply stepping away from your to-do list can give you a lift in energy and motivation.
- Have a good laugh. They say laughter is the best medicine, and there’s certainly truth to it. Laughing can help reduce pain and stress and increase good feelings and relaxation.
- Think positively. Specifically, think positively about yourself. How you view yourself can impact how you feel. Try not to be too hard on yourself. Aim for internal messages of encouragement and acceptance over judgement.
For adults who gamble and kids who game:
If it’s no longer fun or it’s negatively affecting your mood or spending, you may have a problem. Learn more about responsible gambling for adults at BeforeYouBet.org and responsible gaming practices for kids at ChangeTheGameOhio.org.