4269 Pearl Rd. Cleveland
Join us for and Advanced Disordered Gambling Training with Dan Trolaro, Assistant Executive Director of the Council on Compulsive Gambling of New Jersey: “Blurred Lines and the ‘Dis’-Ease of Addiction: Identifying the Connection, Addressing the Issues, and Establishing Meaningful Recovery Principles.”
Learning Objectives – AM
- Participants will analyze the connection and risk of progression from social gaming to internet gambling with corresponding impact on the brain
- Participants will be able to recognize and explain the similarities and differences between substance use disorder and disordered gambling or ‘gaming’ disorder
- Participants will discuss issues surrounding the behavioral and psychological aspects of social gaming and disordered gambling including, “Gambling Fallacies”, “Fear of Missing Out”, and “Scarcity Principle.”
Learning Objectives – PM
- Participants will explore the role that pain, fear, and vulnerability play within those who struggle with addiction
- Participants will identify the impact that trauma and Adverse Childhood Experiences has on the individual
- Participants will be able to describe the importance of establishing principles for a meaningful recovery
Trainer: Daniel J. Trolaro, MS
Prerequisite: Completion of Stage I and Stage II Disordered Gambling trainings or 24 hours of gambling-related education.
Credits: This training will provide 6 CEU’s for social workers, counselors, and gambling counselors as well as 6 RCH’s for chemical dependency and prevention professionals.
Continental breakfast and lunch provided
Notes: You will park in the parking garage behind Recovery Resources off of Devonshire Rd. Take the elevator to level 3R for the bridge to Recovery Resources. Your parking ticket can be validated in the third floor lobby. Door will open at 8:30am for continental breakfast and networking. The training will begin promptly at 9:00am.