2045 Morse Rd. Columbus
Join us for and Advanced Disordered Gambling Training with Dan Trolaro, Assistant Executive Director of the Council on Compulsive Gambling of New Jersey: “Blurred Lines and the ‘Dis’-Ease of Addiction: Identifying the Connection, Addressing the Issues, and Establishing Meaningful Recovery Principles.”
Learning Objectives – AM
- Participants will analyze the connection and risk of progression from social gaming to internet gambling with corresponding impact on the brain
- Participants will be able to recognize and explain the similarities and differences between substance use disorder and disordered gambling or ‘gaming’ disorder
- Participants will discuss issues surrounding the behavioral and psychological aspects of social gaming and disordered gambling including, “Gambling Fallacies”, “Fear of Missing Out”, and “Scarcity Principle.”
Learning Objectives – PM
- Participants will explore the role that pain, fear, and vulnerability play within those who struggle with addiction
- Participants will identify the impact that trauma and Adverse Childhood Experiences has on the individual
- Participants will be able to describe the importance of establishing principles for a meaningful recovery
Trainer: Daniel J. Trolaro, MS
Prerequisite: Completion of Stage I and Stage II Disordered Gambling trainings or 24 hours of gambling-related education.
Credits: This training will provide 6 CEU’s for social workers, counselors, and gambling counselors as well as 6 RCH’s for chemical dependency and prevention professionals.
Continental breakfast and lunch provided
Note: You will need a valid driver’s license to enter the Ohio Department of Natural Resources.
Doors will open at 8:30am for networking and continental breakfast, the training will begin promptly at 9:00am.