Stage I provides 12 CEUs of gambling-specific education that will increase participants’ knowledge and understanding of the current climate of gambling and gambling expansion, problem gambling risks and warning signs, at-risk populations, and co-morbidities of problem gambling with substance abuse and mental illness. This training will also provide an introductory view of screening and assessment along with current treatment models such as Motivational Interviewing and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to treat problem gambling. Furthermore, this training also discusses new and emerging trends in gambling and gaming, along with legislative updates and how to work with and engage your agency, board, and community. Participants will hear from experts in the field of prevention and treatment, recovery advocates, and partners in regulation and operation.
• Recognize current trends and data-specific to Ohio’s gambling and gaming landscape
• Learn the risks and warning signs of problematic gambling
• Understand co-morbidities of gambling addiction, substance abuse, and mental illness
• Become familiar with screening tools to identify gambling addiction
• Explore current treatment models such as MI and CBT to treat problem gambling
• Become familiar with other support services and available resources
Who Should Attend:
Professionals in the fields of assessment, prevention, treatment, policy, education; county boards; community members; recovery advocates; partners in operation and regulation; and anyone wanting to learn more. This training will provide 12.0 hours of gambling-specific education which can be used toward obtaining the GAMB Endorsement or scope of practice.
12.0 CEUs are available for this training. Problem Gambling Network of Ohio is an approved continuing education provider through the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board, the Ohio Counselor, Social Work, and Marriage & Family Therapist Board, and the International Gambling Counselor Certification Board.
Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board Subject Areas:
– P3: 0.5 hours; P5: 4.0 hours; P6: 3.5 hours
– C1: 1.5 hours; C4: 2.0 hours; C7: 2.0 hours; C8: 2.0 hours; R1: 4.5 hours
– G1: 6.0 hours; G2: 6.0 hours
Wednesday, March 23rd from 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Thursday, March 24th from 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Friday, March 25th from 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
The training will run each day from 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM with a 1-hour break from 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM. Each day will consist of 4 hours of content totaling 12 hours. The training will utilize Zoom and be virtual.
To learn more about the Gambling Disorder Stages Training, visit https://PGNOhio.org/Stages.