iHeartmedia in Youngstown, Ohio launched a new radio station all about sports talk and sports betting. 1390 The Gambler includes wagering updates from Vegas Stats and Information. Also included in the daily program is betting guides, handicapping, and betting strategies from sports experts like American sportscaster Brent Musberger.
You can read more about the full programming lineup here.
If you choose to listen in, it is important to be educated on problem gambling and how to gamble responsibly if you decide to do so.
Some healthy tips to keep in mind:
- Bet only what you can afford to lose
- Realize that knowing more won’t guarantee a win
- Gamble only with money set aside for entertainment
Signs of problem gambling:
- Hiding time spent on gambling, or hiding bills or unpaid debts
- Restless or irritable when not gambling
- Spending a lot of time gambling, thinking about or planning to gamble
- The more you gamble, the more likely you are to get a big win
- If you play long enough, you’ll eventually win all your money back
- Knowing a game well increases your chances of winning
After the Thanksgiving festivities wind down, instead of watching a football game or playing a video game, invite your child to play an old fashioned board game. Games could include Scrabble, Clue, or Monopoly. Not only will it be fun, but it will also tap into critical problem- solving and creative skills.
There’s even a community toolkit that can help you spread awareness in your local community about responsible gambling. Visit our website at https://www.beforeyoubet.org/tips-education/ to learn more on how to responsibly participate.