From pumpkin spiced everything to hearty stews and casseroles, fall is filled with nutritious, delicious flavors and foods. Check out these healthy, tasty ways to enjoy them.
Add in some spices
Bring signature autumn flavors to your foods with these spices:
- Cinnamon – Stir it into coffee and tea, sprinkle it on fruit or oatmeal, or use it in chilis and stews.
- Cardamom – Stir it into coffee and tea, add it to soups and rice dishes, or include it in Indian-inspired meals.
- Ginger – Use fresh ginger to give stir-fry dishes or vegetables a kick, blend it into smoothies, or make ginger tea.
Discover the health benefits of these spices, plus get additional serving ideas.
Eat up in-season vegetables
Take a look at all of Ohio’s fresh fall produce! These pair well with the above spices:
- Fruit – Apples and peaches
- Vegetables – Squash, carrots, and pumpkins
Try a couple different cooking techniques
Bring out the flavors and textures of your food with these cooking methods:
- Roasting – Turn up the (dry) heat for crispy, flavorful vegetables and juicy meats. You can also roast apples and peaches.
- Slow cooking – A simple, convenient option, slow cooking is ideal for soups and stews and a way to ensure cheaper, tougher cuts of meat become tender.
Hungry yet? Get cooking with these healthy fall recipes.