Here to Help Problem Gamblers in Ohio.
The Gambling Help Ohio.org website offers many valuable resources for people seeking help and support. One of those resources that has made positive impacts across the state is the Voluntary Exclusion Program.
The program offers individuals the ability to ban themselves from casino or racino facilities in Ohio for one year, five years or their lifetime. To enroll, an individual needs to complete a Request for Voluntary Exclusion form in the presence of a trained staff member. Once that request is validated, that individual is not permitted to access any casino or racino during the length of the self-imposed ban. Visit the website for more information.
What Voluntary Exclusion Means
- A participant agrees to refrain from entering casino/racino facilities.
- The participant’s name is included on a list of persons excluded from all casinos and racinos.
- All personal information is confidential.
- Casino and racino operators are required to make all reasonable attempts to stop direct marketing efforts to participants.
- Casino and racino operators will not extend credit to participants or cash checks.
There are consequences for participants who enroll in the program and do enter a casino or racino. They can be charged with trespassing and forced to forfeit any winnings.
Find more information and links to Voluntary Exclusion Program forms by visiting: https://casinocontrol.ohio.gov/ResponsibleGambling/VoluntaryExclusionProgram.aspx
For more information on responsible gambling practices, visit BeforeYouBet.org.